Many, many thanks to Lily of Covers by Lily for these new, beautiful covers for my Daring Debutantes Series!!
It seems like I wait impatiently the whole year for this season to arrive and when it does I am never prepared! Life has a way of sneaking up on us like that, doesn’t it? Well, in all the commotion that this time of year brings, I feel I’ve neglected to bring you all my exciting news! So, here we go…
1. The Robber Bride is now an audiobook! And I can’t tell you how much I LOVE my narrator! She really embodied the spirit and intrigue of this story and of Victoria. As many of you may know, Victoria is my most favoritest (yes, I know it’s not a word!) character that I’ve ever written, so it was really, really important to me that the narrator capture everything I love about her and about this book. The lovely Stevie Zimmerman did not disappoint!
2. My Wetherby Brides short stories got a makeover! I am absolutely IN LOVE with this cover…I think it represents the stories inside to a tee. What do you think? Plus, the stunning Sherril Turner is hard at work bringing these stories to life in audiobook! Look for it by Christmas 🙂
3. Speaking of makeovers…The Matchbaker got a makeover too! Have you seen it? Thank you to my dear friend and cover designer, Lily Smith of Covers by Lily! And BONUS…the audiobook should be out just in time for Christmas!! And it features one of my oldest and dearest friends, Bianca Bryan, as the narrator. She’s a phenomenal actress and voiceover artist, and I’m so, so lucky to have her reading this book for me. Just WAIT till you hear it! 🙂
4. I still have some Wetherby Brides totes to give away! Sign up for my newsletter and you’ll automatically be entered to win one! Just visit my website – the sign-up form is right there on the first page 🙂
5. I know I’ve talked about it before, but it bears repeating…The Gentlemen’s Pact anthologies are on sale NOW, and they are a big hit! They’ve hit the Regency Top 100 chart at Amazon and they haven’t even been out two whole weeks yet! And the 4/5-star reviews are rolling in. Don’t miss out on this lovely collection of sweet Regency Christmas novellas!
6. And last, but certainly not least…I have finally created a printable book list! All of my books are listed here, along with their series names, and what formats you can find all of them in! Printable Book List
Well, I think that about covers it for now! I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season, gearing up for a Turkey Day filled with love and lots of good food! I’ll be back next week to share my must-haves for Thanksgiving dinner! 🙂
There’s so much going on and we’re finally getting settled in our NEW HOUSE!! but I’ve neglected to keep everyone abreast of all that’s going on in my writing world, so here goes…
If you haven’t read the Daring Debutantes series this is the time to get it!
Get the entire collection for only $0.99! (regular price $6.99)
Sale is almost over, so HURRY!
So that’s what’s new in my world! I hope you’ll enjoy the goodies 🙂
There are all kinds of fun and exciting sales going on in my world right now! Here’s the list so you can go forth and load your e-readers!
All six books = less than $5!!!
I’m running a limited time sale on the Daring Debutantes Boxed Set!! All THREE novellas for $0.99!!
A Gentleman Never Tells and More than a Governess (Wetherby Brides books 1 and 2!) are still $0.99 at Amazon!
Get them quick before they jump back up to regular price — I have no idea how long this will last!
The Matchbaker is half price at All Romance eBooks through Monday!
In light of a recent unfavorable review, I’m adding Heat Ratings to my book descriptions, so you’ll know exactly what you’re getting. These ratings will be based on All About Romance‘s scale from Kisses to Burning. I’m also putting a number in there to give a little more preciseness, as my Wetherby Brides tend to fall somewhere between Warm and Hot, and my Daring Debutantes between Kisses and Subtle.
In that vein, while the Wetherby Brides novels are firmly planted in the adult category, the Daring Debutantes is a great series for younger readers! Low sensuality ratings paired with gutsy heroines will make a clean but enticing read for high schoolers, especially if you want to spark their interest in history while cultivating a love for reading.
I hope this new knowledge will help my fans/future fans navigate my novels a little easier 🙂
As always, Happy Reading!
It’s my birthday today, but I think it’s better to give than to receive, so I’m giving to you, my dear readers, a fantastic sale!
For a limited time ALL my full-length novels are on sale for $0.99! That’s all four Wetherby Brides novels and, for the first time ever, both Daring Debutantes novels! Yay! And…YOU’RE WELCOME!
I’m so excited to announce the release of my latest historical romance novel, The Gypsy Bride! The second book in the Daring Debutantes series, this extra-long novella is an exciting romp through Regency England–
Engaged to a reprehensible baron, Bianca Manning knows she must do something to escape her fate. She decides that a Romany camp is the last place her mad fiance would think to look for her.
The last thing Emilian Carrol needs is a spirited Englishwoman in his life, but he can’t seem to say no when she begs to hide out in his tribe’s camp. And maybe she’s just the thing he needs to help heal his wounded heart.
Thomas Barclay, future Viscount Grantham, is bored to tears and looking for a distraction. When his old friend Baron Tisbury asks for help in tracking down his missing fiancee, Tom decides to make himself useful and goes in search of the wayward girl.
Caught between two worlds, Bianca must figure out which man holds the keys to her heart.
When I set out to write the Daring Debutante series, I wanted to do something different. I didn’t want to write another traditional, formulaic historical romance. I wanted to branch outside the norm, do things with my stories and my characters that probably would not have actually happened in Regency England, but that weren’t completely outside the realm of possibilities. So you won’t find magic or werewolves here, but you will find gutsy heroines, and heroes that you will fall in love with.
And if you missed the first installment of the Daring Debutantes series, click here to find links for The Robber Bride!
I have to admit, I am having the BEST time writing The Gypsy Bride! It’s been a looooong time since I’ve hit a “writing groove” but boy does it feel GOOD!
It happened about a week ago. I was maybe 10,000 words into the story and it dawned on me that I had NO idea who the heroine was going to end up with. Really. NO. IDEA.
So that really lit a flame under my you-know-what! I had to write to see what was going to happen! Who was she going to choose!?!?! I kept writing and writing, thinking “Come on, Bianca! Figure it out already!” And it wasn’t until around the 25,000 word mark that it finally became clear.
And then…oh, the painful emotions they’ve all had to suffer! My husband and I often work across from each other on our respective laptops and I can’t count the number of times he’s looked up at me and asked, “You okay???” Only for me to realize I was teary eyed and breathing a little heavily as I wrote a difficult scene.
Sorry to freak you out, honey, but Bianca’s just had to say goodbye to–
Oh, well, I can’t tell you that, can I??? I know, I’m such a tease (just ask all the boys I went to high school with! Ha!)
Anyhoo, I must head back into the trenches! I’m so close to being done, and amazingly, I think I’ll meet my deadline this time! That hardly EVER happens!
Happy Thursday, my friends!
Thanks to my dear friend, Ava Stone, I’ve just discovered the virtual Regency paper doll, and it’s the greatest thing EVER! I started playing and couldn’t stop until I had created an avatar for each of my heroines. So without further ado, here they are…
Phoebe from A Gentleman Never Tells…
Becky from More than a Governess…
Chloe from The Wary Widow…
Elizabeth from The Bedeviled Bride…
Victoria from The Robber Bride…
And coming soon…Isabel from the upcoming Christmas anthology, Summons from the Duke…